David B Hayes
@davidbhayes — Writer, Developer, Entrepeneur — Fort Collins, CO
I’m a lucky man who does a lot of stuff. Quick hits:
I also write a lot. I recently published…
About Web Development (at Press Up)
About Life (on Frozen Toothpaste)
- What Good is Anger? — Hearing someone lash out in anger, near me but not at me, often makes me contemplate the foolish impotence of… (Nov 17)
- “Turns to So Many Shades of Grey” — One of the things I’ve started to believe is that it’s very hard to trust people who profess everything… (Nov 10)
- The Hourglass Neck of Now — Time expands out away from us in either direction. In the present moment, right now, there aren’t all th… (Nov 3)
About WordPress (at WPShout)
You Can Find Me on Social Networks
- Twitter, where I make brief aphoristic statements
- Github, where I sometimes release open-source software
- WordPress.org, where I mostly have some plugins
- MetaFilter, where I browse more than I comment
- Reddit, where I sometimes vote or comment
Other Minor Projects
- Quodid — Every quotation website I’ve ever come across, well, sucks for a tangle of complex reasons. So what Quodid (the name’s a linguistic joke) aspires to be is a quote website that doesn’t suck. Until that’s true, we’re kind of stuck with Wikiquote. (Which is great for depth and accuracy, but is decidedly hard to browse.)
- BeautyOfWhatYouLove.com — A micro-site for one of my favorite quotes.
Some Random Facts about Me
- I think that “marshmallow” is quite possibly the best word in the entire English language. (Though I don’t much like them as a food.)
- I think my Twitter favorites are probably the best way for you to quickly understand who I am and what I value.
- I believe in the Four Noble Truths, the wisdom of compassion, and many other Buddhist things. Whether or not that means I’m a Buddhist is still an open question for me.
- I’ve long believed that fiction never got better than The Little Prince.