David B Hayes
@davidbhayes — Writer, Developer, Entrepeneur — Fort Collins, CO
I’m a lucky man who does a lot of stuff. Quick hits:
I also write a lot. I recently published…
About Life (on Frozen Toothpaste)
About WordPress (at WPShout)
About Web Development (at Press Up)
You Can Find Me on Social Networks
- Twitter, where I make brief aphoristic statements
- Github, where I sometimes release open-source software
- WordPress.org, where I mostly have some plugins
- MetaFilter, where I browse more than I comment
- Reddit, where I sometimes vote or comment
Projects Not Yet Mentioned
- Quodid — Every quotation website I’ve ever come across, well, sucks for a tangle of complex reasons. So what Quodid (the name’s a linguistic joke) aspires to be is a quote website that doesn’t suck. Until that’s true, we’re kind of stuck with Wikiquote. (Which is great for depth and accuracy, but is decidedly hard to browse.)
- Require Featured Image — A WordPress plugin I wrote, does what it says on the tin without a lot of complication.
- BeautyOfWhatYouLove.com — A micro-site for one of my favorite quotes.
- Link Banana — Now retired, I kept a log of all the cool things I found on the internet for nearly five years. The time commitment eventually overwhelmed my desire to keep doing it.
Some Random Facts about Me
- I think that “marshmallow” is quite possibly the best word in the entire English language. (Though I don’t much like them as a food.)
- I think my Twitter favorites are probably the best way for you to quickly understand who I am and what I value.
- I believe in the Four Noble Truths, the wisdom of compassion, and many other Buddhist things. Whether or not that means I’m a Buddhist is still an open question for me.
- I’m pretty introverted, but don’t think that’s a good excuse for failing to be nice to people. I’ve used it — and see others use it — as such a shield too much.
- I’ve long believed that fiction never got better than The Little Prince.